With the holiday season upon us, we wanted to continue to stay connected and share some Sno-King updates. This email includes a new video message from our Executive Director, an invite to our next Community Virtual call with special guests Seattle Kraken, a new at home fitness program along with sharing several new volunteer opportunities. Our staff and Board of Directors continue to work together with our local communities and partners to evaluate and plan for re-opening safely and securing important funding. We plan to share further details in our Community call for all Sno-King hockey families on Monday.
- Click HERE to watch a short NEW video message from our Sno-King Executive Director, Clayton Rodgers
- Join next week’s SKAHA Virtual Call with the Seattle Kraken! Mark your calendars for Monday, December 21st at 7pm on Microsoft Teams. This call is to provide an opportunity for connection and sharing in addition to a Sno-King Holiday Toast. Let’s show our holiday spirit by wearing your favorite hockey jersey or festive holiday gear and don’t forgot to bring your drink of choice for our hockey community Toast. The meeting link will be sent out in the coming days and will be added to Sports Engine. Below is the call agenda:
- Sno-King update & COVID-19 impact, Clayton Rodgers, Executive Director
- Seattle Kraken update & community support (Special guest to be announced)
- Q&A (submit your questions in advance HERE)
- Holiday Sno-King Toast! (Show your hockey holiday spirit and bring your holiday drink)
- New At home Workout program from The Seattle Kraken. Please see the video links below for the Seattle Kraken at home work out series featuring Gary Roberts to share with your teams and players to stay active at home. More details were sent to Coaches.
· Minimal Equipment: Day 1: https://youtu.be/CvFrPtHC3Cs and Day 2: https://youtu.be/33Yla5uoODs
· No Equipment: Day 1: https://youtu.be/PeszxnXnJrs and Day 2: https://youtu.be/FyNVvDQW5vA
- New Volunteer Opportunities: As outlined in our last community calls, we have formed several new volunteer committees to help Sno-King navigate through these difficult times. Thank you to so many who have offered their time to volunteer to help us! Here are several new groups we are looking for more support. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping or learning more.
- OPEN position for the Board of Directors Secretary position
- Plus several new opportunities to help support: Alumni Committee, New Adult Committee, Grants & local/state funding, Youth Hockey fundraising committee, Partnership & sponsorship committee and Corporate Matching programs committee
We look forward to having you join us on Monday night for some holiday cheer! Best wishes for a happy and safe holiday season.
Clayton Rodgers, Executive Director