This important update includes new information relevant to Sno-King’s Amateur Youth Hockey season. Please take the time to review carefully. Our Sno-King staff and coaches have been actively working to adjust to several new Phase 2 Healthy Washington updates. This includes building new ice schedules for all three facilities beginning Monday, February 8 with increased capacity along with adjusting for league games and the addition of our Sno-King Adult Hockey League (SKAHL) restarting soon. We also are working diligently to update important rink signage, training staff and continue to focus on reinforcing safety protocol to keep our skaters and families safe at all times.
Included below is information related to practice schedules, league game schedules, tentative playoff dates, end of season timing, preparation for home/away games and volunteer roles and training.
- Beginning Monday, February 8, there will be a revised practice schedule for all teams. Staff is working closely with coaches and we expect these updates to be updated in Sports Engine tonight. Please note that several teams will now be sharing ice slots due to the Phase 2 occupancy guidelines.
- There are scheduled games for some teams beginning THIS weekend Feb 6-7. Due to the fast paced turnaround in league planning, the MHL and PNAHA leagues are actively scheduling for all associations. Coaches and Sports Engine will be updated accordingly with new games to be added over the coming days/week. We hope to have a 2-4 week advance schedule posted soon.
- Please keep in mind that similar to prior years, 10U-18U league games are scheduled on a bi-weekly rotation where one weekend are HOME games and the following weekend will be AWAY games. If you are unsure of which league your team is playing in this year, please check with your coach.
- Any teams that would have been playing in PCAHA this year will now be scheduled in the PNAHA league. More details will be shared with your coach as schedules get built.
- All MHL games will have Referee’s automatically scheduled (except 8U) including this weekend’s games
- Any PNAHA or exhibition games needing Referees will need to be coordinated by the Coach/Team Manager with Andrew Birnbrich (Andrew@snokinghockey.com)
COVID-19 rink protocol for AWAY games:
- Each rink has their own safety protocols that must be followed. Please be respectful of differing guidelines and visit rink websites for more information.
- All rinks require being fully dressed (except skates) in all equipment upon arrival. There will be an designated SKATES ON/OFF area if needed.
- Masks will be required at all times on and off the ice (Please ensure you have an approved mask for game play. If unsure, we suggest bringing a backup)
- All locker rooms will be closed in all rinks for youth hockey games
- Some associations are handing out wrist bands to teams for spectators/guardians
- The only volunteer role needed for away games is the Penalty box
Volunteers required for HOME games:
- Each game requires a minimum of 4-6 volunteers per game to be coordinated by the Team Manager and/or Coach
- Roles include: Scoresheet, Clock, Music (optional), Penalty box and maximum of 2 coaches per bench (no Locker Room monitors needed as they are closed)
- Team Managers – please visit Managers (snokinghockey.com) for more information about game expectations and volunteer roles
- Clock training for the scoreboard system is posted online here Game Day page
- Scoresheets Submission: Review details Manager Resource Page (snokinghockey.com) . All completed and signed scoresheets must be emailed to Andrew@snokinghockey.com
End of Season Update:
- Depending on COVID-19 metrics and state restrictions, our youth hockey season is tentatively planned for completion the week of May 3-9. We’ll continue to share updates accordingly.
Tentative dates for Season Playoffs:
- 10UA teams - PNAHA 10u Festival planned for April 9-10 in Tacoma
- 12UA teams - PNAHA 12u Festival planned for April 23-25 at Sno-King
- 14UB team - PNAHA State B tournament date TBA in Spokane
- 14U A1 & 16U A1 - PNAHA Tier 1 14u & 16u March 26-28 at SJHA
- 18U A1, 16 A2 & 14U A2 - PNAHA Tier II State tournament April 9-10 in Tacoma
- All 10U-16U Recreational teams: MHL playoffs for all recreation teams are still TBD
Thank you for your continued support and for helping us along the way with suggestions and feedback.