With season registrations actively under way, we are thrilled to see so many players and families returning for a new hockey season. With the recent news of the state reopening combined with the excitement of a new NHL team in Seattle, we are looking forward to welcoming our hockey community to Sno-King this fall. Registrations just hit a new milestone with 85% of spots filled (vs. last season) across all age groups in just over two weeks. We attribute this to our American Development Model (ADM) approach to player development, experienced coaching staff and quality competition all designed to Build Players for Life. Our program also includes off ice training sessions, goalie training and clinics, an expanded girls program plus age specific skills sessions. Below is some additional info about season registration, remaining Select tryouts, Rec evaluations and schedules/league play.
Season registration update:
- Click here to register. Similar to years past, payment options are available and outlined during registration. Season registration closes August 1 unless trying out for 12U A1/A2.
- Several age groups (8U/10U/12U) are very close to waitlisting. The decision to waitlist an age group is based on a variety of factors including number of teams, location based teams, league considerations and ice capacity. Our hope is to accommodate all interested players and we encourage all players to register regardless if there is a waitlist so we can work to accommodate all requests.
- For more information about our hockey program please visit our Program Page
- Select team tryouts for 18U AA, 16U AAA/AA, 14U AAA/AA and Girls 14U/16U are now complete with roster invites sent. If your player has been invited to play on a Select team and submitted a deposit, please note that season registration is still required to secure your spot.
Remaining select tryouts:
- Tryouts for the remaining select teams 14U A3, 12U A1/A2/A3 and 10U A are posted HERE. Tryout cost is $50 and you can sign-up during season registration OR for Tryouts only (12U A1/A2 open tryouts only).
- Coach Announcements: We are thrilled to announce Clayton Rodgers as the 12U A1 Head Coach and Bill Stillwell as the 14U A3 Head Coach. Both coaches bring an extensive coaching background and hockey experience. You can learn more about the coaches, season details and tryouts HERE.
Rec Evaluations & Girls program:
- If your player is interested in playing on one of our 8U/10U/12U girls teams this season, please click HERE to learn more about plans for the girls season. Additionally, we have scheduled three July girls skates on July 10, 17 and 24. These sessions will be led by Spencer Rodgers and all interested 8U-12U girls wanting to have some fun, meet the coaches and connect with other players are welcome to join. Registration for these drop in sessions is HERE.
- During the month of September, there will be scheduled pre-season skates along with evaluation and balancing sessions to finalize teams and rosters for all Rec teams 8U/10U/12U/14U/18U. The team is working to finalize dates and times for all age groups and will share more details in the coming weeks.
- Coaches for all Rec teams will be announced in coordination with the completion of the evaluation skates and formation of teams in September.
Schedules & League Play:
- Given season registrations have filled so quickly, we are aiming to provide preliminary schedule information to players before August 30. We’ll keep you updated as we monitor registration.
- While we are hopeful for a season that closely resembles those of season’s past, we continue to build plans that provide exceptional development opportunities regardless of the conditions. We regularly monitor Washington State COVID-19 data and operating restrictions, CDC updates, Canada-USA border travel restrictions in addition to ongoing connection with MHL, PNAHA and PCAHA leagues and other local associations.
Should you have any questions about the upcoming season, please contact our Hockey Director, Doug Kirton (email@example.com) or our Hockey Program Manager, Gordon Hancock (Gordon.firstname.lastname@example.org)