Great news Sno-King Hockey Families!
We are ready to safely welcome players back on the ice following the Phase 1 Healthy Washington plan on Monday January 25. Please read below for important info about our re-opening plans for youth hockey including available Stick n Puck sessions and Ice rental slots available at all three of our facilities Thursday through Sunday this week.
Important re-opening details for Sno-King Amateur Hockey Association:
- Youth hockey practices will resume on Monday, January 25 following the same practice schedule that was in place before the November 15 closure. Please check Sports Engine as a refresher for your team’s schedule.
- All skaters and coaches are REQUIRED to wear masks AT ALL TIMES while on or off the ice. Please ensure to find a comfortable suitable mask to wear at all times while inside any facility
- Skaters will be allowed to enter the facility 10 minutes prior to their scheduled ice session
- All skaters must be fully dressed in all equipment upon entry and exit. There will be a designated "Skates ON" and "Skates OFF" area for optional use. We encourage all skaters to arrive with skates and skate guards on whenever possible. All locker rooms are closed.
- One (1) parent/guardian per player 18 years of age or younger are permitted in the facility
- There are no scrimmages allowed in Phase 1
- Sno-King COVID safety and cleaning guidelines are posted HERE
- We plan to extend the youth hockey season for the weeks missed during the recent closure. We will discuss this further with coaches in the coming days and will provide more details soon to help keep you informed.
- Scheduled Coaches Call: Please look for a Virtual call invite from Doug Kirton to review practice expectations and discuss extending the season in the coming days.
- Learn to Skate, Learn to Play Hockey 1 & 2 and Adult Learn to Play will also resume as early as next week. If you have any skaters interested or were previously enrolled please check your email or our website for specific program updates from program Directors. More details will be communicated in the coming days.
We also have ICE TIME available beginning tomorrow! All three locations will have both Stick n Puck sessions and Private Ice rentals available Thursday January 21 through Sunday January 24. Advance online registration is required. Space is limited so please sign up soon to secure some additional ice time this weekend. Visit www.SnoKingIceArenas.com for more information.
The safety of our skaters and families continues to be our top priority. We need your support in adhering to the above guidelines to ensure we can continue to operate responsibly and keep everyone healthy and safe. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
See you at the rink!
Clayton Rodgers, Executive Director